Mayor and Deputy Mayor debate set for Oct. 2
(Edited; Info Added)
A public debate for candidates is a terrific way to determine who you might vote for, especially when there's a great range of issues discussed.
Anyone seating on council MUST make a decision and be prepared to answer about their thoughts on an agenda item, including concise reasoning. It's never easy and it shouldn't be easy as often a lot is at stake, especially during budget season.
The first debate announced for the Oct. 26 election for Woodstock has been announced and it's at 7:30 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 2 at the Legion Branch 55 building on Dundas Street.Mayor & Deputy Mayor candidates are invited
I will not be participating, but I'm also not permitted to as the Woodstock District Chamber of Commerce has announced that it will be a forum for candidates for Mayor and Deputy Mayor only. Lots to discuss, therefore, as the questions will surround City happenings and the County's level of government.
On Thursday, Oct. 1, from 4 - 6, there will be an open house meet-and-greet for all candidates running for all 4 levels / positions. A terrific opportunity to chat with me 1-on-1 or others. That Chamber sponsored event will take place at South Gate Centre on Old Wellington Street South.Going forward -- As I see information posted anywhere, including social media, I will promote those events / planned debates here.
I'm looking forward to a great campaign for a City - County Council position.
Also, refer to this site for lots of election details and my resume as many posts on social media I have seen have been slanted or incomplete, and that also refers to other candidates as well.

Thanks for sharing. I wish the debate at the legion was a better day of the week and time but I assume many legion members will attend. Looking forward to the next debate.
ReplyDelete